Thursday, December 29, 2011

To Cameron.

Dear Cameron,

In honor of today, our 6 year anniversary, I wanted to praise you for the man that you are. I didn't think that 6 years ago, when you asked me out  I would be saying yes to my later fiance and now future husband. What I have known, and for a while, is that you are unlike anyone that I have ever met. You can be the most stubborn person on this planet, but also the most sensitive and loving too. Things aren't the way they were 6 years ago. We were in the heart of our teenage years when we first got to know each other and today, as adults, we continue to grow each day. We still have a long way to go, which I do not fear, but look forward to. Every now and then, people will ask me how we've managed to stay together this long. My answer once was, "we're really open with each other, are always in communication and are honest with one another" and other things of that nature. Today, my answer is God has kept us together. I think back to lowest stage of our relationship, the decision was finally made that we would start going to church together and everything changed. We began to connect on a level that I didn't know we could. Our conversations were more mature, more realistic and for one of the very first times I felt like we had finally decided that the focus of our life would be centered around something bigger than ourselves. I knew in that stage of our life, we would get married. When we took that turning point, I met a whole new person. It was then I realized, you were the man of God you always wanted to be, but that I didn't even know that I needed. When I broke my ankle in February, you showed me just how protective you are of me. I knew then you would do anything in your power to make sure I was taken care of. I know that 6 years is a long time, but looking back on the early years of our relationship - we were really just going through the motions, not knowing that something bigger and better was on its way. You have filled a void in my heart and you have brought me so much happiness.

On April 26, 2006 in an old blog, I wrote this -
"i can seriously not believe that saturday is already cameron and i's 4 month anniversery.. i never thought i'd have a relationship that would last this long, and its crazy to think that too because with him, it feels like we've been together forever, but its gone by so fast that i lose track i dunno its weird, but i love him. so much, seriously i've never felt this way about anyone before and even through everything, i can't picture myself with anyone else."


Those feelings that I experienced at 16, have not changed a bit. You are an incredible person, will be amazing husband and later in life an extraordinary father.

You have changed my life for the better. You have seen me at my worst, best and everywhere in between and still love me for who I am. You are perfect to me and I would never trade what we have for anything else in this world.

I love you today, tomorrow, and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment