Sunday, January 1, 2012

Gratitude.

One more thing..

We had a great service today at church on gratitude. This series is called "margin" and I thought this was a great topic to start the new year with. I want to share some of the notes from today's outline:

Gratitude...
helps us maintain the proper perspective 
sustains joy in our life
allows people to find a blessing, enlarge a blessing or create one in almost any situation.

and..

Gratitude begins where our sense of entitlement ends

This is all so true. I think of all the times I began to just expect that things should go one way or that I have a right to something. There are a number of times I haven't given proper praise to those who deserve it - this is another thing I'm hoping to be more conscious of this year.

Also, this is a video I came across just a week ago that I think describes the times we live in and gratitude perfectly --



No comments:

Post a Comment